Vacancy at Sterling Pharmaceuticals: Analytical Chemist (R and D)
Job Title: Analytical Chemist (Pharma R&D)
Report to: Head of R &D
To undertake analytical testing to develop new formulations and to establish stability
of pharmaceutical finished products to support R&D department.
- To perform analytical testing using typical pharmaceutical analytical
instruments HPLC, UV spectrophotometer, FT-IR and Karl Fischer etc.
- To perform simple lab techniques to test density, viscosity, gravimetric
- To qualify analytical instruments such as HPLC, UV, stability chambers.
- To write up product specifications as per ICH guidelines.
- To prepare stability protocols as per ICH guidelines.
- To develop test methods using HPLC for assay and related substances.
- To validate test methods for assay & related substances.
- To write up validation work results in reports.
- To support R&D formulation team for additional testing requirements.
- To undertake maintenance of his/her department and equipment.
- To ensure the required initial and continuing training relating to work
- To organise storage of raw material samples (APIs & excipients, finished
products) & documentations such as Certificate of Analysis & MSDS and
- To write up quality documentation such as SOPs, Quality and Training
Manuals, Test Methods, specifications.
Requisite academic qualifications, knowledge base & work experience
- Graduate in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Chemical Sciences or equivalent.
- Experience in a analytical chemistry and instrumentation of at least of 3
- To have knowledge of Quality Management Systems, documentations such
as SOPs, qualification protocols & reports, method validation protocols and
reports, starting material and finished product specifications, stability
protocols and reports, Internal audits.
- To have knowledge of analytical instruments.
- To be a good team worker with good communication skills written and oral.
Industries Manufacturing - other
Years of experience 2+ years
Career level Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education Level Undergraduate degree
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000 to £30,000 per year depending on experience.
Contact: If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV and cover letter
by email to: Sola@sterlingpharma.co.uk