Complete lab and air system retrofit for Wilton Centre laboratories
Aim to reduce energy demand without compromising on operator safety
Client: Wilton Centre
Location: Redcar, Middlesbrough, UK
Old HVAC plant serving a very large number of constant air volume (CAV) face and bypass fume cupboards
Reduce energy demand without compromising on operator safety.
- Upgrade supply units with control and filtration upgrades
- Retrofit Variable Air Volume (VAV) to the existing fume cupboards
- Install pressure controllers to each laboratory
- Initiate fume cupboard diversity into each laboratory
- Strip out all the primary extract fans and upgrade secondary fans with VSDs
- Installation of energy monitoring units to verify savings and act as MM&T capability
Energy savings delivered: 3,400 MWh
Energy cost savings: £205,000
Emissions reduction: 1,700 tonnes CO2
EECO2 phased upgrades over three years, carried out complete system redesign, scope and bid proposal on client's behalf, including laboratory user interface and programming. Provided project management for contractors, delivered to budget, on time with zero incidents.