PBSC, in association with Tecnilab BMI who offer services for biomedical facilities and pharmaceutical plants, have provided a custom decontamination solution within the Leiden University Medical Centre cleanroom, supporting next-generation therapies.
NecstGen (Netherlands Centre for Clinical Advancement) supports clinicians, academic, small, medium, and large commercial organisations worldwide to develop novel therapies for patients. It is also a mission-driven CDMO owned by Leiden University Medical Centre (LUMC).
The team at PBSC is proud to contribute with our custom decontamination solutions helping towards Leiden Bio Science Parks’s therapies development
- Emma Gibbons, Project Manager for PBSC
Enabling the next generation of therapies by translating research programs into health solutions for patients. The Leiden Bio Science Park owned by NecstGen is used by multiple companies and is situated in the Netherlands and provides unique opportunities for NecstGen and its partners.
Leiden Bio Science Park is one of the largest life science clusters in Europe and is a clinical, biotechnological, and pharmaceutical hub ideally positioned as a gateway to Europe and the world. Scientists and analytical experts develop projects supporting clients to bring cell and viral vector-based therapies to patients - another step towards the mission to accelerate the development of breakthrough cell and gene therapies.
- 1x MAL50 Decontamination Chamber Special customer additions:
- 3 valves with AHS 400 system.
- Pre-filter housed on top of the Chamber.
- 1x Aeration unit.
- SMF 350 full scrub catalytic extract unit.
- A, B, and Tech space sensors.
- Low-level draeger sensor.
- Bottle module in tech space.
- 24v UPS.
- Stainless steel 316L.
PBSC’s chamber is used to decontaminate products using Hydrogen Peroxide vapor. The SMF350 extract unit allows full removal of Hydrogen Peroxide from the extracted air post-cycle, enabling the customer to route the air back into the facility thus enhancing energy efficiencies.
- The additional pre-filter is a large coarse filter, stopping any gross contamination entering the system prior to the H14 HEPA inlet filter.
- The technical space sensors enable H₂0₂ leak detection in the technical space areas, away from production cleanrooms.
- The aeration unit decreases the overall cycle period by aiding the removal of Hydrogen Peroxide from the Chamber post cycle.
Emma Gibbons, Project Manager for PBSC, said: "Myself and the team at PBSC are proud to contribute with our custom decontamination solutions helping towards Leiden Bio Science Parks’s therapies development.”