Air Techniques International are currently seeking a Service Technician to join its team in the United Kingdom
ATI's Service Technician will report to the service manager in our United Kingdom Office. This talented professional will service and calibrate a range of electro-mechanical instruments supplied by ATI to our customers in filter efficiency testing, filter leak testing, air quality monitoring, mask leakage testing and aerosol detection (CBRN) applications. Installation and validation of filter efficiency testers, biodetection systems and Environmental Monitoring Systems.
Working with a small team of Technicians based in our Letchworth (UK) Instrument Lab for about 40% of your time you will have a lot of travel to many UK customer facilities (c.40%), have some travel to distributor or customer facilities in Europe, Middle East and Africa (c.10%) and EMS systems is all on-site and is <10% of your time.
- Services and calibrates ATI Aerosol Photometers and Aerosol Generators, Filter Efficiency Testers, PMLT mask leakage testers and Polaron bio-aerosol sensors.
- Services and calibrates Lighthouse Particle Counters and microbial air samplers.
- Installs sensors and system components for fixed monitoring installations including some of the above components.
- Manages the demands and complexity of multiple instrument makes/models.
- Maintains necessary records in good order following administration procedures. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of service report recording and stock recording.
- Manages IT security and protect ATI from cyber crime and social engineering.
- Gives excellent customer care all of the time, and gets good feedback.
- Maintains strong relationships within Operations team, and be a team player able to motivate others and be willing to get the job done.
- Works on own initiative and be confident in all situations.
- Builds trust and strong relationships with Managers and have good discipline and reviews.
- Accounts for everything used, and ensure it is charged correctly.
- Ensures Purchase Orders are received for all work performed so work/time is chargeable.
- Manages travel and expenses within the guidelines of the company.
Environment, health and safety
- Maintains high standards of written and verbal communication.
- Ensures good reporting and accurate calibration data. No non-compliance issues.
- Employs a “right first time” attitude with no rework or field failure.
- Reports service quality issues to management and do not accept sub-standards.
- Keeps tools and working environment clean, tidy and safe.
- Maintains high compliance in calibration certificates with no transcription errors.
Minimum Background and Skills Required:
- Puts the safety of yourself and your colleagues as a high priority, have no injury accidents or create risks.
- Follow sthe Health and Safety rules of customers whilst at their facilities and have no injury accidents.
- Ensures self and equipment are safe, with no accidents.
Preferred Background and Qualifications:
- A level Maths and English
- ONC/apprenticeship or equivalent in instrumentation or electronics
- Clean Driving License
- 5 years in an instrumentation or electronics Lab
- Calibration of air sampling/measuring instruments
- Experience with MS Office Applications (Excel and Word)
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Willing to travel over 50% of the time freely within the United Kingdom, Europe and Africa
- Degree in electronics
- Metrology qualification/training
- A level Physics/Chemistry
- Previous experience in a technical environment (pharma, nuclear, high-tech)
- Experience Installing monitoring systems
- Understanding of ISO17025 quality methodologies
- UK/Europe travel
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot Instrument connectivity (RS232, Ethernet, RS-485)
- Software and networking familiarity
This position offers salary and benefits commensurate with experience. For more information, contact us:
Air Techniques International
Tim Triggs, General Manager
Letchworth Business Park
Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire SG6 2JF
+44 7809 868444